September 07, 2008

Engengo Sellum Yen Yennangal.....

Today, morning I was listening to songs on my way to office. It has now become a kind of ritual in the mornings and evenings, as I have to travel a distance of one and half hour journey to office everyday and back home. Left with no other options, can't read a good book, thanks to the Roller Coaster Ride, I get every day in and out, and just chilling out listening to music on my iPod is the best among the options on hand.

My eyes had started to close and my brain refused to be active, the music in my ears was singing a lullaby to me.

I was almost on the hill tops with cool breeze, the clouds touching my forehead, the drizzle chilling my spines, and then suddenly music so serene and charming hit the ear drums of mine that my brain woke up with a start and said, “Hey, wake up you can't afford to miss the SONG”.

Reluctantly, I tried to wake up but the music bore into me and made an instant start ahead of me.

I was swaying and foot tapping to the music. The song is so catchy, that I almost sang aloud with my ears still plugged with the ear phones, I know people in the bus would have thought something's wrong with this dame. But, you know people were busy with their dreams that they did not bother much to this small insignificant happening. Thanks to the drive and the dreams. Phew! What an escape..!

I just could not wonder in haze the 'Miracle of Music' that hits you like a bolt and then melts away without any notice. But you linger with the thoughts of it throughout the day and it even makes you smile unknowingly and the people who pass-by you think you are rather smiling at them. Whereas, hardly you would remember the face, anyways, I just loved this song and its music.

By the way, it is a Tamil song and I thoroughly enjoyed the lyrics and the music.

The after effects of it are very evident still...He...He...He...!!!I have posted the lyrics of the song here...Ensoi.

Engengo sellum Yen Yennangal...
Ingedhaan Kanden Pon Vannangal
Yen Vaazhkkai Vaanil Nilaave...Nilaave......
Ohhhh.........Naan Kaanbadhu...Unn Kolame....
Angum...Ingum...Yengum......
AAAAAA......Yen Nenjile...Unn Yenname..
Andrum...Indrum...Yendrum...
Ullaiththil Dhevan...Ulle Yen Jeevan...
Nee....Nee.....Nee.......... (Engengo)

Ahhh..... Kallaanavan...Poovaagiren...
Kanne...Unnai..Yenni...
Ahhhh...Poovaasamum...Ponmanjamum
Yendro...Yengo...Raajaa...
Yedharkkaaha Vaazhndhen...
Unakkaaha Vaazhven...
Naan...Nee...Naam......(Engengo)

Engengo Sellum En Ennangal Ingae Dhaan Kandaen Pon Vannangal
En Vaazhkkai Vaanil Nilaavae...Nilaavae

Those who can't understand the words, it is a love duet. The singers and the actors are trying to tell each other how much they love each other through this song...Just few lines of translation, folks-

"The guy says, he had been a stone man all these days, but on seeing and thinking about her, his mind has bloomed into a flower, bringing in all its qualities. So, since then he is thinking, You, Me and Us......"

No comments: