August 10, 2009

My Tryst with PG!!!

Does this title invoke oddment in you; believe me more riveting in reading it!? I will clarify the shortened form of the title does not refer to any ‘Censorship Certification’ for any film that I am to demonstrate!!!

It has been few days; I have been thrown out of my comfort zone and let me be wandering in the wilderness.

I am lost and there is darkness all around me. I look up at the skies above and see darkness and that too in different shades of it…I was lost totally lost! (God damn, the sky is cloudy, enough to welcome me with a torrential downpour as if to cleanse me!). I had nowhere to go…I was given a piece of paper and asked to talk to someone unknown entity! They said, you can live here and that too for a limited period and you had to find your own accommodation.

I was on my knees asking them to forgive me, let me go, send me home to my family…who even if they did not want me will certainly show some forlorn love to me…but it never happened and I landed in this ever mass of land!!! At least, I sighed that I was on shore… (Oh! One shore deprived land to another, my mind said!).

Setting my feet on this land, I was reminded of the land I was in and it flushed my mind with memories of yesterday and drove me to extend of being lost amidst my own men!

But then I took my soul and wandered deep into the woods and found myself a vehicle that could transport me to the vegetation and the ‘promised land’. I set my journey, which lasted more than my entire trip from the ‘Land of Nawabs’ to this ‘City of Angels’ – Bengaluru (Can’t give up the idea of writing –Bangalore, Alas!)

I got here and just settled on the piece of land my small brain reminding me to search for a permanent settlement and not get carried away with the life of living in a ‘Guest Accommodation’.

Here, it was heaven, you have a cook who makes you hot roti (bread) and waits for you to have the last bite of the roti on your plate, to drop an steaming hot one with tasty dal (lentil gravy) and sabzi (vegetable cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices) that’s mouth-watering. (I guess, every food that is even not palpable will look good and inviting if you are lost and starved)

You have the housekeeping to attend to your needs, they fill your bottles with drinkable water and see that it is always to the brim, even if you tend to take only a few sips in a day, leaving the bottle always filled, like the ‘Akshaya Patra’ (magic vessel) (Oh! yeah! the same one given by the Sun-God to Yudhishthira, during the exile! Yes, the exact vessel that did not go empty!)

You can leave your bed not done in the morning and find it ready for you to slip into the warm sheets in the evening, neatly binding to the ends of the bed and inviting by the time you get back.

This all is for another week, tells me, my stupid and senseless mind that prop up in times of dire ecstasy and lets me down when in dire need. It makes less of decisions and only suggests!!! What to do, can’t change my mind or bargain for a new one, have to live with it! So, I ask it to clam down and let me think.

I set on a mission, now I have the Worldwide Web at my office, I can’t afford to crib that if only I had the access, I could browse for some advertisements and get some numbers to call people and start looking around.

I had it and had to use it, I went ahead and logged on to a portal that exhibits advertisements of the sort, Sulekha.com and got some several numbers and the most appropriate locations.

I send them to my personal mail id and kept thinking that Saturday and Sunday will be a day out!!

As they say, “A job well begun is half done” on the pretext I too laze around thinking that I am almost there and it just needs some tightening of loose ends.

But no the title cards have only rolled by, the main picture is yet to roll on, as in to make me an assurance, it wasn’t only Sharukh’s famous dialogue in ‘Om Shanthi Om’. I dilly-dally over the week in the new office, meeting new faces, and new avenues, kind of adjusting to the new offshore connectivity cubicle or desk for myself and droll in the glimpses of heaven given at the guest accommodation(Huh! the word ‘guest’?!).

The dreadful day comes in quicker than I could bat my eyelids twice. I gear up not losing hope and being pampered to a real delicious breakfast, I venture out with all my gears and gadgets ready….I walk on to the street below my heaven and look up with a weary face and the closely hugged dearth of losing ground.

I set on my hostile expedition, I have no clue where I stand and what the place is expect with a piece of paper that I can read, which says the address of the place. The phone numbers I had on the paper, had markings as available with food, without food, 2, 3, and 4 sharing…and that’s all.

Now, knowing the local language is a BOON or DISGUISE, I did not know until I started talking. If you know more than one South Indian language, I am sure you are to get confused and or at least speak in a language that almost has an equivalent meaning for each thing you want to describe or pronounce. That’s what exactly I faced, when I had to converse with the auto-wallahs in Bengaluru!


(…to be continued)

No comments: