January 07, 2010

Inglourious Basterds – An Aftermath!

Hmmm….! I never watch movies just like that and I don’t intend to watch every other movie…I rarely watch movies and when someone recommends it…I dare do it just for avoiding the repeated questioning ! :)

So far haven’t felt bad after watching a recommendation….and here is one such movie…!

This movie is another war movie on the same subject of Nazi, the rivalry between the Jews, French and Germans and the unholy World War II.

To start off and after reading about the movie synopsis from Wikipedia and the other Websites, I was just wondering it must be treated the same way any other movie of the same genres….!

Naah, I was in surprise…how many ever films or movies are made of this subject I feel there is some amount of heroism during that period that cannot be countable or described in any form of medium….

This movie coming from a Famous Director – Quentin Tarantino and movies such as, Reservoir Dogs (1992), Pulp Fiction (1994) and Kill Bill (Vol I – 2003,Vol II – 2004) in his bucket will I not watch this masterpiece too….!

The story unfolds in a novel way….there are four chapters and each chapter has a story to say and the final chapter ends the movie linking all the characters of each chapter.

It is certainly about two plots that are behind the killing of Nazi’s or Germans..!!

The cast of the movie includes Brad Pit, Christoph Waltz, Michael Fassbender, Eli Roth, Diane Krüger and Mélanie Laurent and many others…but these are noted for their performances.

Christoph Waltz received the Best Actor award from the Cannes Film Festival his acting is so good that you can actually see him living through the character….He is nick named as ‘The Jew Hunter’ in the film and he seems to be one…you just wonder how does he sense it and there he has already done it…!

I personally do not like Brad Pit…but I was moved by his performance as well…! :)

Watch it…a through war movie that talks about the war heroes in their right sense…!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tarantino is my favourite director too!!