July 07, 2010

Forlorn Love!

Oh! It was for you that I learnt so much…!

It was you who saw me grow from a small girl to a maiden

You are the one who brought in so many changes

You stood by me when I failed

You stood by me when I fared, fled and came back…!

You saw me fall in love and raise in hate…

You filled me with joy when you poured

You had me sway in happiness when you gave me that warmth…!

You are the one I always lorn to get back

It is where I would want to breath my last and end my day…!

To you come always in wonder…

You expand and show me your width

I wonder how you grew so huge and spread with crawled legs…

I like you for the way you are and what you make of me

I am wanting to be with forever and ever after

Happily will I engage myself…in the soliloquy that we converse!

I am longing to be with you my love…

You are all that I can ask for…

You made me what I am today and will stand grateful!

My first city of love – Chennai!



1 comment:

Cherry said...

An ode to a city.... Nice :)... But make me wonder if it is Chennai or Madras ;)