February 24, 2011

Seven Year Itch….!

I have heard this the first time, after I got married and I had always neglected it whenever I had heard it before.

I was thinking it is a myth and did not pay much attention to it, unless it started it hitting me hard from all sides. I found couples around me talking about it and there was something or other going around me in wrong dimensions.

I was worried I don’t fall a victim to the same old fact. I wanted to hold on to the strings of the so called marriage and run it into the right stream, so far have been successful.

But, I am worried about a lot of things that’s happening around me. I wanted to know ‘What this is itching all about?’ and ‘Why is it creating such a rush in the life?’

I went on to the search central and did a wide search on the topic and I found a lot of websites teaching us on what it is and how to avoid it to an extent. But, one thing that I did not understand is that, ‘Does this phenomenon happens only with relationship or marriage or with every aspect of life?” If it happens with all the other aspects of life then why do relationships are the ones that undergo the roughest patch in life…?

Why people fall into the trap of a seven year ordeal?

Let me explain, what is the seven year itch and what does it refer to?

Seven year itch is a syndrome that happens to people in relationship or in a marriage. By and large this phenomenon happens in a marriage and studies suggest that many divorces and break-ups happen due to this itch and it in only few people who sustain this itch.

I was wondering about the people who sustain this itch and survive through and go beyond the seven years of married life.

I was wondering do these people really call their married life a bliss or what compromise that they further did to sustain the maintainability of the so called marriage.

I did a further search to see how this horrible itch can be put into ease and what is the ointment or cream that can put the itch to a mere scratch on the skin and not cut through deep into the throats of each other in a relationship.

I wondered all that happens has a psychological reason to the itch that happens actually after a seven year. It is presumed that man starts to re-think his life that has been through the seven years and all that he gave up or did to make a few things work stands so much in front of himself that it becomes and ordeal to go through the rest of the days that’s in relationship.

They also go on to say that the differences and the negligence that happened through the start of the years in a relationship or marriage becomes a burden at the start or end of a seven year and people start looking at life from the misdeeds that they did during those periods of so called compromise.

So, the real culprit is man who lets of what he does not want to give at first and at the end of the seventh year he starts asking for all that he wanted in the first place?!

How weird, the mind takes seven years to process the data?

Some psychologists go on to say, man who does not able to sustain through the itch they go astray and look for relationships that satisfy them superficially, such a partner who is anew to relationship or a another person who is looking for a sexual gratification gets along to stratify their needs and what follows is two life syndrome…and it takes another seven years to rectify the mistake we make then.

Understood man is a complex being in a simpler cover…but at whose stake is all this that he undergoes.

The world over knows the reason for the problem but not one website tells us to overcome the problem and there are no success stories that have overcome this visible itch.

Now, why do we need a website that talks about it and its symptoms and the same way why do we need some others learning’s to do what we want in our life?

How do we cope up with the itch? If, I tell you a few things that I did or will do will it help? If it helps won’t that again be your own problem of little bit of adjustment or set an expectation as in that happened with such and such life and it got alright, why isn’t it not working with my life?

What’s the remedy?

Who am I to say remedy, ya? Nevertheless, I say you look into your life after seven years putting up with something why not try doing it for another year and make it an eight year itch and sustain the thingy in your life forever.

That isn’t as simple as it is said, but if the seven year itch is there, all you got to do is work around and figure what’s the best you can do in the given situation. That will require you of all your energies and social conditions…!!!

Are we ready to do?

If we could get into a relationship with the hope that this will go through and let me give up this one instance…let us see that we continue doing that in the seventh year or rather let us not get into a relationship that does suck at the seventh year, and I am going to look around and say, “I did this, now you do your recommendations…?!”

What say, folks…let me know what you feel about it.

No comments: