October 19, 2006

Culture Shock

Conversation 1:

Hey, I love you.
I love you too, dear
……………. (Hmmm)
What do you mean?
I mean what I said………….I love you, truly, madly, deeply.

Conversation 2:

Just a minute hold on, honey……… I have another call.
Yeah, baby. I love you, you please take care. Ok.
I too love you………………dear.

Conversation 1: (After a gap of that looks like an eternity)

Sorry, dear have kept you waiting so long. That dude did not hang-up at all. Ah! You tell me, you were saying something to me, honey.
Who’s that…?
Hmmm…….just a minute I have another call…. (The guy hangs-up frustrated)

You must be wondering what is all this about? Even I wonder what is this all about. This is heard so much nowadays, that you wonder whether there is any truth in the words that are spoken at length.

The mobile phones have seemed to have taken control of the lives of the younger generation that almost 90% of the population is ready to swear by it. The conversations and held-up phone lines sum upto the unlimited offers that flood the markets and corporate at a cheaper price for an understanding and ever-lasting relationship with the service provider (Of course, you fool………..do you think relationships last, na…a. My foot……….)

The above conversation is what I happened to over hear. Sorry, no the dude was so aloud that I think he forgot where he was…….or was he actually expressing his love. For god sake, I don’t happen to be eves dropping on anybody especially the young and out of college guys and girls. All they talk about is dating and the beautiful girl gets to go with the coolest dude …………….etc. No time to understand all these and the terminologies among them. But certainly visible trait among them is – “How many you have, the more fun it is?”
Everyone is so dear to everyone that there is no one dearer than a lost friend. The term dearest friend has changed to special friend; a special friend has become a dear friend and more than a friend.

1 comment:

ஏ ஜே said...

soon we are gonna see wi-fi internet every where (atleast in big cities in India) and people gonna use skype phones which is virtually going to be zero or fraction of cost..then you will see more peanut frying :-)