August 26, 2008

Kaalangal Mazhai Kaalangal – Season of Rain


I loved the rain, this morning.


Wake Up! Wake Up! It is morning and the time is 6’oclock – the alarm clock on the bed side table woke me up, reluctant to wake up I just snoozed my alarm, pulled the blanket up and covered my head and rolled back to sleep, turning to my right.


It was bit chilly and it was still dark, I was just answering my mind, why it had to dawn so early. Does it not know that it is heaven to sleep inside a blanket covered from head to toe, on cold chilly morning?


And it was such a morning, today. By the time, I snoozed the alarm and could rest my mind and commanded it to shut up and let me sleep, it rang again. This time, I really got up and put the alarm off, coz my brain signaled me, “You idiot after 10 mints it is going to ring again, why don’t you shut it off?”


I listened to it and turned to my bed and blanket, with the blanket spreading its hot and cozy arms at was inviting me to engulf. I was just could not resist and imagined it to be my ‘MAN’ of dreams extending his arms to me hazily before lighting strike’s, I decided to get in to it.


But, you see, there was a loud thunder at that instant which shook my attention and I looked out of my window. It was heavily clouded and there was a spread of rain clouds, which were ready to pour down any moment. I just looked out, put my head out to feel the cool breeze, kiss my cheeks and at that instant I closed my eyes to feel it in me…a drop fell on my right cheek.


The drop was cool and sharp that it bore my skin and made me wet inside. I opened my eyes with an instant and saw the rain pour from above. The drops were coming down like a shower of arrows over head focused towards me. They came and fell on my face and wet me….I ran into the balcony to enjoy it.


I just stood there and looked at the rain, pouring quietly. It poured from about an hour just the same way it started with big droplets, I stood watching it, loving it, feeling the chillness, enjoying the nature’s beauty.


I stood on the doorway, with a cup of hot coffee in my hands and the rain on my balcony, I heard a song from far away. A soothing song and music made the day more romantic, I did not want to go to office. The music and the rain were churning memories and pleasant feelings in me…I am drifting into my dreams, I am walking in the clouds…I hear my name with the base sounded husky voice….

"Hey, Kavitha, It is 7.15 am, you better hurry……Yeah, yeah, and I started slowly jogging

towards the voice…!!!


…and get ready otherwise you will miss your bus.”

BUS@#$^*****~!$, Hello, lady…..somebody shaking me. Hello, madam, wake up.

I open my eyes to see my husband talking to me and trying to shake me of my reverie…I slowly look at him, blink, blink, and blink. Yeah, Where am I, What am I doing??!!

He said, “My love, this is Heaven and this is Venus, the god of love taking you on a tour of heaven. Do you want to eat the forbidden fruit?”

Huh! What? Oh, gosh, it is 7.20am. [Looking at my husband, strangely] “Can’t you just tell me the time? I hardly have another 20 minutes to get ready, and please put a stop to the music or just reduce the volume; it is hurting my ears…Hmm. What a day??!!

When I get away from a safer distance from him, I smiled and closed the doors of my bedroom at a surprised husband’s face and started my regime for the office ahead….

I just loved the rain this morning…!!!

2 comments:

Navya said...

WOW.....great song!!!One of my favorites......Finally I've come through another great fan of IR!

Sruti Banerjee said...

Hope your dream comes soon...very romantic. In this busy world and with complex minded people around this seems to be rare..but I think at least this can be fulffiled..close your eyes again..

Sruti