October 18, 2008

When a Blogger meets a Fellow Blogger!!! (Part -3)

He started off with my blog, praising my writing style, and the varied subjects I write. He asked me to continue writing…on and on. I was flying high in the sky and I could touch cloud number 9 and float, when my brain started working, it said, Idiot, open your mouth and talk and tell the same about him.

I asked ‘who is it’? It said ‘Stupid talk…’Then, I slowly blurted out, your poems are good [Did I tell you he writes POEMS], you should write…You also write nicely and Blah …Blah….Blah.
In between I kept sipping my coffee, can’t let it get cold, actually I like coffee that is cold enough, but today I was drinking the coffee, blowing air to cool it by my breath and then sip it…[What a act!!!]


In this process, I don’t know when I dropped some of the coffee on to my attire [a nice beautiful sari, I wore, now it was only purely accidental that I wore a sari ;-)]

I wiped it off with the napkin and did not make a fuss out of it, but my mind was stuck on it. I was scolding myself inside me, Idiot can’t you drink a coffee correctly, what a messy lady. Aw! He is going to get the message, dear girl, you are a mess!!! I wanted to hide, but being modest has become my second roll now……

We talked about a lot of things, He spoke about his foreign trips, I spoke about my school days [now, don’t ask me why, situation, BABA] then I asked him where did he stay, here at the place of work, and how he landed up here [I know, a stupid question, blame it on my brain], he spoke about United Kingdom, Scotland, London and the whole of United Kingdom, It was like as if I travelled……

I too showed of my knowledge of the little geography I knew…I told him about the Castles in Scotland [he said yeah, all castles look like]; I had to accept to the fact, I said yes, but I with a stupid smile on my face said, as a History teacher, every castle has a history of its own [Did I not sound like History Teacher, I did!!!!]

Then, I told him where I stay put here, and then he told me I am spending so much on rents, I said. What to do, I like some neatness[ a lady who spills coffee on her dress and sits there like a Dumbo, talks about neatness, irony…..]

Yeah, we talked about James Bond movies, well the topic on movies came up due to the Blog I wrote, I happened to miss a movie due to the heavy rains, in Hyderabad one day[Did I have to write!!!] Huh! Yes, I included my husband in that blog, Shucks, Did he read that part!!! Not sure cause he did not mention it!!! So I was Happy [OK, I know I am Shaadi-Shudha]

We talk about the latest bond, Daniel Craig. I become a movie critic here, I tell him, Craig does not look like BOND material, and I tell him Pierce Brosnan, Look more like a Bond [Hmm…All Handsome men!! Oh! God, Why am I married and in INDIA!!!]. The Shaadi-Shudha does not suit me, well!![Wait, I know Please, Don’t you people ever tell this to my Husband, OK Deal!!!]
He refers to Sean Connery and Roger Moore. The we talk about a couple of movies about Sean Connery The, I tell him Entrapment a movie, of Sean Connery and I forget the Lady who acted in that, of course, a female cannot remember a female and if that female is ravishing beautiful, we tend to neglect her the first thing… [By the way it stared Catherine Zeta Jones]


My date [oops, sorry!! My friend] refers to her by name, and I feel, yeah, yeah…As if I forget her name really [what to do!!!]

In the meantime of all this talk I don’t know when I finished my coffee, I did not notice the empty cup, I needed him to prompt it. I look into the cup to take one more sip, lo! It is empty…!

The, we look at each other for a second….Oh my god don’t look at me like that, I can get lost in those eyes……..[I know a filmy dialogue, but what to do!!]


Then, we say the most obvious thing, do you have work, for which he says, I am free today, if you have work we will leave otherwise stay. [Now, if that was a prompt I did not get it, by this time I was sweating badly that I wanted the comforts of an Air Conditioner or an Electric Fan]

So I feel like to escape that place before the stinking smell of body odor drives away apart and bid us the relief of bye!!!


I tell him we will leave (even I don’t have work; I was only busy blogging and commenting the posts!!!) Then, he again completes our meeting with the starting lines as, “I write well….Blah…Blah...Blah”

WOW! What a way to complete and give a finish to the meet. As if we would not meet on the blog, on the communicator, or even cross each other while moving from one block to another or bump into each other during the lunch, snack, or just a chat in the cafeteria!!! We bid a bye to each other and advise each other to keep the good writing going and going.

We make promises to each other and then, with a heavy heart [believe me, it was heavy (the coffee)!!!] say, Keep in touch and catch you sometime later or rather bump into you [Working for a US client!!!] and then he apologized for the ice-creams, [now, I was doubtful, did he hid all those ice-creams, because he did not want to lick the ice-cream in front of me!!!]

He added, thought it not being a fault of his, he is sorry for the ice creams not to be there [now, I am strong on my doubt] and he says thank you for the coffee [Huh! I drank coffee and he is saying, Thanks!!]

Now, I had to respond, my brain also ordered now, I say, “Yeah, thanks, is what I should be saying? Isn’t it?” [I ask him itself, How stupid]

Ah! He has a brilliant answer for it, he says, “You called me and I came, so next I will call you and you will come, than it becomes your chance to say Thank you!!”[Did that make sense?]
I just giggle, in fact a little loudly I attracted crowd, and hurray they saw me with this guy!!! We part ways, he goes to the block on the right and I had to take the left one, there is a slideway to get into the block, I use it. Not sure if he uses it too.


I did not turn back, for the fear that I might run back and begin talking again….!!! [OK, I know I am Shaadi-Shudha]

Got back to the workstation and look at my drab monitor, and ping him immediately, he is a little late than me…his status is away. I thank him for the coffee. [He paid for it!!!]

He replies telling me, “It was not coffee that I took, It was TEA!!!” [Phew! I knew something was wrong, did I not tell you!!!]

P.S: The ‘I’ in this post isn’t me, [I know, you people will not believe me] anyways, it was nice interaction with a fellow blogger. Should sometimes get behind the name and face the person…who knows, it can be the start of another SAGA!!!


Just tried my hand at making a nice meeting, a funny and interesting memory!!!

No comments: