November 27, 2008

I feel for a cry from Inside......

I am irritated by the question since yesterday, night. Did you watch what has happened? Mumbai has been attacked by terrorists? Did you watch NDTV news? It is running live? What a bad situation, na? No, place is safe, na? So many have lost lives? So many have causalities? What is in INDIA store for?

I mean, only now, people have or seen INDIA, as a country? What happened, when people were asked to join ARMY, NAVY, and POLICE to support our country? Where are the people, who now feel the TERRORISM should be KILLED, and MURDERED?

I simply don’t understand?? My mind does not comprehend the sudden wellness and sudden unity in the society and the over-whelming sympathy.

My friend calls me up at night 1.30 am to give me the news in fact I was fast asleep and knew about it. Yeah, I understand people who saw it on the television and came to know about it, it was a shock, but what am I to do about it?

I feel, I am being cornered and if I don’t show any kind of reaction to the news and contribute a gasp or an awe or anger or depression at what is done and what is being discussed, I am an ‘ALIEN’.

Why is that so? Can’t we sit and just let the incident die…? Disheartening right??

It is painful for you to see…It is still painful for the people who have been through, isn’t it? Then, why talk about it or write about it?

Suddenly, people feel responsible and they talk and curse the Terrorists, support the police who they have been cribbing about till yesterday, pray for the departed, feel responsible, try and talk about it for a matter of single-week and get back to normal lives?

What happens to your responsibility then? Why don’t you talk about it, then?

No, only when an incident is hot you describe it in all words that are possible. I guess that is the motive of these TERRORISTS - GAIN ATTENTION!!!

I don’t understand the fact about talking about it. Everywhere you see people are discussing it. What is the use?

Are we brave enough to go down and help the people who are affected? Are we brave enough to stop such activities? Are we brave enough to spot people like there and report about them? Are we efficient enough? No, we just talk about it and speculate….My, God! I do not fancy these ideas…

You want to do something, please do. You feel bad about something, please do. Why do you rope in people to think and react the same way you do?

Everyone has feelings and unless you are in that position you cannot feel the worseness of it. So please stop talking about it…..Talking about it does not HELP!!!

I too feel sad…anger…helplessness. But I don’t go about talking about my helplessness!!!
Can’t do anything else; let us stop talking about it? Maybe, the TERRORRIST or the person responsible of these acts will realize it was waste creating such a scene!!!
Stop speculating!!! Rest will follow…It is tragic alright but what logic can flow in with all the TALKING!!!

Media is talking about, because it has to relate and reason the cause or happening of an event. Why are we talking about it? Are we spreading awareness, fear, insecurity, knowledge?? What??
Disclaimer: This sudden upsurge of goodness and dutiful citizenship is an emotion that I am not able to correlate. This article isn’t intended at anybody or any person who feels otherwise. I have written, what I felt as you have.

No comments: