December 22, 2008

Have you noticed a pattern in life??!!

In my times of confusion and helplessness, I always wondered there must be something more to do. I always wondered am I missing an important sign that my mind along with my logical brain tries to comprehend the situations. This kind of situation puts me into a lot of introspection as to what, why and how?

I have lived in various places right from childhood and every time I settle at a place I will be or am asked to leave and start again. I used to always think, why me? This also reasons to make my quest to the answers, I sought in my interrogations.

On one such interrogations, I started noticing a pattern in the way people gets displaced from one place to another and the earth retains its balance of holding the right amount of weight at a certain place at a given point of time on its surface, maybe who knows???!!!

I sound idiotic, right!? Yes exactly, what I thought at the first instance it struck me. Let me unfold my theories or substances to the aspect in discussion.

Have you ever wondered, when you are quietly seated in the comforts of your room, office, house, lobby, coffee shop in any part of the city, be it in your homeland or be in your foreign location, there is activity in that city’s railways, airways, seaways, and roadways.

Yes, the transportation of the life is very much active. Be it every single day or 365 day, round the season, round the year and in fact year after year. People transport from one place to another and there is a constant rotation of people on earth. Why does this happen? Why should people travel? Why people move from one place to another? Why don’t they all sit at peace, like I am sitting? I say this because I don’t want to travel now; I have no inclination and neither the necessity.

Another interesting piece of news or weird information is flights or aircrafts are not supposed to dock in an airport for more than an hour or otherwise the airlines have to pay heavy fee for docking the aircraft in that particular airport. So, the planes keep flying between destinations hour after hour….non-stop. [Have you heard of a port for the civilian aircrafts?!]

But across the globe and across your own country there is some people who have the necessity and the reason to travel, just like you did on your holiday, your vacation, your meeting, your sorrowful journey or happy journey, anything. If there is a necessity it comes unannounced to you and you have to travel.

Have you ever noticed this? Whenever you want to book a ticket for your unplanned and immediate travel, you don’t get tickets? You get a waiting list ticket, you crib that why do people always travel at the same instant you want to travel….but the real truth is, an unplanned travel equates with a planned travel a vacation or a yatra or another unplanned travel, it can be anything. You are never sure…..

So, now I got your attention, let me tell you further…there is a constant journey of some soul in some part of the village, city, or country. Now, to find an answer to the most important question? Why does travel happen? Not sure right, but it does happen and it brings a cause with itself to substantiate the visit.

These questions in my mind set my thinking and I started watching closely this pattern of travel. I have been moving from cities as I have already confessed, I always found someone replacing me in the vacant place, I leave.

That is confusing, isn’t it? The explanation will be. Suppose a person from a city named A, leaves with his belongings to a city named B, there is somebody displaced from the city B either on the day you arrive there or there is vacant place you fill in. This vacant place sometimes is a vacuum that you fill in… (Hope, you understand!!!???)

The pattern of filling a vacuum is even stranger. Where should I start? OK. I will start with the pattern of death and birth. I noticed it in my family. There is an equal and opposite reaction to this pattern. Whenever there is a demise that happens, it is quickly filled in with a birth somewhere in the city. I have noticed this in families. Sometimes, it happens in the closer circle of relations.

This pattern is also evident in a city, street, locality and in the community we live. A village is a small representation of a big city, let me start there. A village has lanes and streets that follow certain address, similar to the office locations in a city. Being smaller in number, the people live there in communities and they are evident to every other person and their respective family members. They know, when a death happens, when a birth happens, the pattern goes on….Street 1, there was a death, and Street 2 there is a birth and vice versa…

The other kind of pattern happens whenever you leave a place and start living in a different city. I started closely watching this kind of pattern and I could always correlate some kind of shifting either in my family circle or in my friends circle.

Another, example that confirmed the pattern was when I closely saw this relativity happen. I am at present working in Hyderabad and did not intend to come to Hyderabad on all accounts and never had the slightest inclination to leave Madras (Chennai) ever.

I came here to work in an office on deputation and just came there to finish off the work and leave the city as soon as possible but as days rolled into weeks and weeks into months…I found it difficult to leave this place due to work and eventually after a few months, I decide to make it my city.

There were a few people who were transferred here to a certain project where I was working, with all their belonging they had moved in and I saw them returning and I who not intentions of being here, had to stay back with my belongings. [Was that a sign of pattern??!!]

Then, when I found out one of my friend moving in here to Hyderabad along with his belongings and his family, I wondered who is going to be displaced from Hyderabad. I heard a couple of my friends, like this are shifting out of Madras, this month-end and I again see the pattern unfolding. It is time for me to displace myself from here… [Looks like the pattern works!!!!]
Did I make sense? Do I look insane? No, I just wanted to say there is certainly a pattern and it is very alive, like you and me.

Till then with sanity, asking you to look out for such patterns in life.

No comments: